Sunday, January 4, 2009

All or Nothing

I’ve become an all or nothing type of girl. I wasn't this way growing up, but I think I became this way in order to lose my weight. When it comes to dieting I strictly adhere to the plan with no deviations. When it comes to adding muscle mass/bulking, I find I’m relatively the same.

Today, when I was out picking up a few items from the grocery store, I had that twinge of resentment that creeps up on me every so often and I found myself wishing I could eat like everyone else…like a normal person. I have thought this on more than one occasion, and when I do, I ask myself what’s my motivation? What’s my goal?

Perhaps I thought this today as I’m struggling a bit because I’m feeling pudgy and didn’t get my cardio session in. So yes, going home and ordering a pizza would be so much easier than putting together a meal which includes lean protein, healthy fats, veggies and a fruit, but it’s that thinking and behaviour that got me here in the first place.

So it’s all or nothing. Now eat your spinach.

No comments: